Ceramics for bearing technology
Bearings in high-performance ceramics are mainly used in pump and motor construction as well as with critical media such as aggressive cleaning agents, acids and alkalis. In established applications, such as sealing rings in mechanical seals or as bearings for shafts in pumps in the chemical industry, the superior material properties of high-performance ceramics mean that good economic efficiency can be achieved through lower maintenance and operating costs.
Silicon carbide and silicon nitride are used because of their high hardness and mechanical strength, especially with abrasive and high mechanical loads.
Silicon nitride is used particularly in the application as rollers and needle roller bearings. Thanks to our thermoforming, long and thin parts from Ceramdis can be produced economically.
Advantages of our technical ceramics:
- high mechanical wear resistance under abrasion
- very good corrosion resistance
- long service life: good economy due to lower maintenance and operating costs
- very good electrical insulation and no electrostatic charge
- non-magnetic or insensitive to magnetic fields