Energy engineering aims to produce and convert different kinds of energy. This inevitably places high demands on the materials. Technical ceramics have now become essential in this area.
There exist very few alternatives to our ceramics that meet the highly diverse requirements of energy engineering. They successfully perform the tasks of bearing and sealing in compressors and water and steam turbines.
Ceramics have even become indispensable to renewable energy, e.g. for pulling monocrystalline silicon in solar cell manufacturing processes, and bearings in wind turbines.
- good sliding properties
- extreme wear resistance
- high resistance to abrasion
- excellent thermal conductivity
- very good chemical resistance
- highest temperature resistance
- outstanding electrical insulation
- new: also electrically conductive